Monday, July 2, 2018

7/1/18 Sunday- Ft Louden Marina to Hiwasee Island anchorage

Started the morning with coffee and number theory....well I, Renee, did.  Spent some time reviewing and studying a little more before showering and getting ready for my midterm in my master's class.  I logged on around 9:30 and worked on my midterm, which I think I did really well on, till about 1130am.  While I was doing school stuff Erik did some little projects on the fly bridge.  He replaced one of the ignition fuse holders and moved the cigarette/ accessory lighter we had just installed.  After I was done we gassed up, again, pumped out again and headed towards the Fort Louden Lock. We were able to lock down fairly quickly and motored up about 15 miles to Louden.  At the Malibu boat factory thy were having a wakeboard competition.  We dropped anchor, jumped in to cool off, made lunch, and watched some crazy wakeboarders!  The videos and pictures do not do these people justice. They were getting crazy air, and flipping and spinning too!  We didn't stay long as we were hoping to make some distance.  Erik was hoping to make more distance than I.  This became a point of strong discussion....😠😈👹. We hit some pretty heavy rain and pushed forward.  We made it through another lock, then drove through an amazing sunset, then in the dark to an anchorage on the edge of the Hiwasee River.  I was exhausted from grouching at Erik for making me cruise in the rain, then in the dark(neither of which I care to do!)   He is just lucky the amazing sunset colors softened me up so I didn't throw him overboard! ⚓ Did not take long to fall asleep tonight!
First lock going back down!
We shared the lock with a few other boats, one was the TVA boat(our version of DNR)
Two wake-boarding boats headed down to the competition.


Check out that air!




Sunset!
Beautiful colors in every direction tonight
It just kept getting prettier
and prettier!
Click on picture for video!
Then Erik said "we haven't seen many bugs"..... yes then minutes later this happened!!  As we pulled into our anchorage there were swarms of mayflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment